My brother, Dallas (Kassandra’s husband) is really good at making mojitos. Every time I come over, I request one (or three!). He complains the whole time because the process is so time consuming. Kassandra and I went on a quest to make mojitos by the pitcher. These are so good, you guys! You’ll be glad you made the whole pitcher- you will definitely want more than just one!
Makes 8-10 glasses.
- 60-80 – Mint Leaves (fresh)
- 20 oz – Lime Juice (or juice about 20 limes)
- 1 1/2 cups – Sugar
- 2 cups – White Rum (Bacardi is our favorite)
- 3 cans – Club Soda
- 1 can – Strawberry Juice (we used Jumex)
- Strawberries and Lime wedges for garnish
- Place lime juice, sugar, and mint into pitcher.
- Using a muddler, mash to release mint oil and dissolve sugar into lime juice.
- Add rum and club soda. Mix well.
- Pour into glass with ice. Top with a splash of strawberry juice.
- Garnish with strawberry and lime wedges.